A cover for Kindle DX

My "OCTO faux leather slip cover for the kindle DX" arrived today. The amazon reviews were pretty spot on... it's stiff and attractive (!), and pretty much addresses my main concern of the Kindle's screen getting scratched or the buttons getting messed up while tossed around inside my bag. The notch at the end allows you to grab the kindle by the head and pull it out (or push it in). A little bit counter-intuitive since I my initial thought was to push the kindle in head first, but the cover clearly wasn't designed that way since I can feel a depression deep inside that was meant for the keyboard.

I was earlier intent on using the cardboard box that came with the kindle since it's a perfect fit, but it's also fat so the thickness fills up all the valuable space in by bag. So there goes $30. What the heck... a relatively small investment for a $400+ device. Now I just need to read a whole lot to make my investment worthwhile, and before the irreplaceable battery dies. :)

So, yeah. I subscribed to the Wall Street Journal, planning to read the thing daily on my Kindle and be fluent in current events so I can have an intelligent conversation with guys in expensive business suits. I think I've only read 3 issues out of 10 so far. Bummer. I think I'll cancel at the end of the month.

0 comments :: A cover for Kindle DX